Goals for 2018
I know resolutions and goals are normally talked about at the start of a New Year. I, like most people, came up with my new goals and resolutions for this year. But I do not want to forget them or to get through the year and think well, hmm, I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to for myself or for others. So in hopes of you all keeping me accountable, I am going over my goals, here in the middle of February and am going to share them with you.
- To live by the golden rule, to treat others the way I want to be treated, whether I think they are deserving of that treatment or not.
- I want to live my life more generously. To give more of my time, money, and other resources to those around me.
- To be more intentional about building genuine relationships with people. I wrote yesterday that it is hard for me to be open and to genuinely connect with others because I HATE goodbyes. Even though goodbyes may come, I want to know that I did all I could to help, love, serve, and encourage, the people that God brings into my life. And to be willing to put in the time and effort to build and maintain those relationships.
- To put more of a priority of taking care of my home and my husband in a wifely way. (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
- To really make progress on starting and building my photography business. And to invest the time daily to practice or to grow it in some way.
- To remember that I choose my attitude every day and even when life gets hard, or money gets tight, or Tom and I have conflict- that I will still choose joy.
These are not all of my goals for the year, but they are some of the more important ones to me.
Thanks for reading friends! I hope you have a great day, and that you are meeting your goals too!